Tudors to Windsors / edited by Tarnya Cooper ; curated by Louise Stewart ; introduction by David Cannadine.
- Additional Title(s):
Tudors to Windsors : British royal portraits
- London : National Portrait Gallery Publications, 
- Physical Description:
- 239 pages : illustrations (some color), color map, portraits (some color) ; 26 cm
- Reference LibraryND1314 .N38 2018 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email email@example.com]
- Published to accompany the exhibition of the same name held at The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, Texas, October 7, 2018-February 3, 2019 and Bendigo Art Gallery, Australia, March 16-July 14, 2019.
Includes bibliographical references (page 230) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- Kings and rulers -- Portraits -- Exhibitions.Great Britain.Kings and rulers.National Portrait Gallery (Great Britain)National Portrait Gallery (Great Britain) -- Exhibitions.Portrait painting -- Exhibitions.Portrait painting.
- Exhibition catalogs.
- Introduction / Louise Stewart and Tarnya Cooper
- Illusions of majesty : monarchy, uncertainty and image-making / David Cannadine
- Making monarchy : the changing face of power / Tarnya Cooper
- Loyalty and dissent : royal portraiture beyong the court / Louise Stewart
- The Tudors : An introduction / Charlotte Bolland ; Portraits
- Royal favourites / Rab MacGibbon
- Royal mistresses / Rab MacGibbon
- The Stuarts : An introduction / Catharine MacLeod ; Portraits
- Royal fashion / Louise Stewart
- Royal satire / Paul Cox and Lucy Peltz
- The Georgians : An introduction / Lucy Peltz ; Portraits
- Royal weddings / Louise Stewart
- Royals at war / Paul Cox and Paul Moorhouse
- The Victorians : An introduction / Rosie Broadley ; Portraits
- Royals and photography / Sabina Jaskot-Gill
- The Windsors : An introduction / Rosie Broadley ; Portraits.