Brandt, Bill, England at war , 1940 January 1
- England at war : life goes on in the dark.
- Chicago, Ill., : Time, Inc., 1940 January 1.
- Physical Description:
- pages 40-47 : illustrations ; 36 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsAP2 .L547 OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Articles & Chapters
- Caption title.
Photo-essay from the January 1, 1940 issue of Life, featuring work by Bill Brandt. The essay includes depictions of London during blackout, activity in the port of London, and general war preparations. Accompanied by an essay by Noel F. Busch.
- Subject Terms:
- Blackouts in war.Great Britain -- History -- George VI, 1936-1952.London (England) -- Buildings, structures, etc.World War, 1939-1945 -- England -- London -- Pictorial works.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.