Brandt, Bill, [Shelter pictures by Bill Brandt and Henry Moore], 1942 December
[Shelter pictures by Bill Brandt and Henry Moore]
- London : Pocket Publications Ltd., 1942 December.
- Physical Description:
- pages 473-482 : illustrations ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsAP4 .L55 v.11 (1942)Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Articles & Chapters
- "In the following pages we reproduce shelter drawings by the sculptor, Henry Moore, alongside photographs by Brandt. These were made quite independently, in the early part of the 1940 Blitz, before official shelters had been organised. ..."--Page 473.
- Subject Terms:
- Air raid shelters in art.Brandt, Bill.Great Britain -- History -- George VI, 1936-1952.London (England) -- History -- Bombardment, 1940-1941 -- Pictorial works.London Underground Limited.Moore, Henry, 1898-1986.World War, 1939-1945 -- England -- London -- Pictorial works.
- One of the great artists of our day, Henry Moore in his studio
- Liverpool Street extension [Brandt]
- Tube shelter perspective [Moore]
- Spitalfield crypt [Brandt]
- The Roman matrons [Moore]
- Tube shelter [Brandt]
- Four grey sleepers [Moore]
- Shelter near Victoria Station [Brandt]
- Woman seated in the Underground [Moore]
- Pink and green sleepers: a drawing by Henry Moore.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.