Elgood & Ward, A catalogue of the valuable effects no. 7 New Cavendish Street, immediately opposite Mansfield Street , 
- A catalogue of the valuable effects no. 7 New Cavendish Street, immediately opposite Mansfield Street : the property of the late Right Hon. R. Pole Carew : comprising his small but choice collection of pictures, including a very beautiful production, by Sir Joshua Renolds, representing Hope Nursing Love : the Town Service of useful plate, 1000 ozs : twenty dozen of port wine : and small parcels of madeira, mountain, sherry, &c. &c. &c. : together with all the genuine household furniture : drawinng room suite, in crimson silk and damask : capital glasses and cabinets : hall clock, by Vulliamy : ornaments, lamps, very large Brussels and Turkey carpets : two grand pianos : table and bed linen : valuable china dinner, dessert, and tea services : glass ware, and plated articles : wardrobes, bookcases, and presses, of all descriptions : a sedan chair : plate chest : patent mangle : domestic requisites of all kinds, &c. &c, : which will be sold by auction, by Messrs. Elgood and Ward, on Wednesday, the 24th of June, 1835, and three following days, at twelve o'clock : also the noble family mansion, held for a term, at a ground rent.
- Alternate Title(s):
- At head of title: Contiguous to Portland Place
- [London] : [Messrs. Elgood and Ward], 
[London] : Printed by T. Brettell
- Physical Description:
- 7,  pages ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 9 no.32 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Artists include Copley, Sandby, Teniers, Rembrandt, Reynolds, Sal. Rosa, Storke, Raphael, Locatelli, Jan Asselyn, Van Bloemen, Opie, Ludovico Carracci, Rubens, and Potter.
Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog Br-4459
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 14042
Date of sale: June 24-27, 1835.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is annotated with sale prices and buyers' names for some lots. Number 32 of 50 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Decorative arts -- Catalogs.Drawing, British -- Catalogs.Furniture -- Catalogs.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Painting, British -- Catalogs.Painting, European -- Catalogs.Pole Carew, Reginald, 1753-1835 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.Sculpture, British -- Catalogs.Tableware -- Catalogs.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.