Edward Foster (Firm), A catalogue of the choice and valuable collection of pictures, of the first class in the Italian, Spanish, Dutch and Flemish schools, selected with great judgment and discrimination from celebrated galleries and collections both at home and abroad ... , 
- A catalogue of the choice and valuable collection of pictures, of the first class in the Italian, Spanish, Dutch and Flemish schools, selected with great judgment and discrimination from celebrated galleries and collections both at home and abroad ... : and undoubted specimens of Du Jardin, Wouvermans, Vander Heyden, A. Ostade, Teniers, P. Potter, Swaneveldt, Pynacker, Dominichino, A. V. De Velde, Vander Neer, Berchem, Cuyp, Jan Stein, Q. Matsys, Netscher, Bega, Dusart, Poelemburg, Stainwick ... : also a collection of Etruscan vases, Italian bronzes, Sèvres dinner service, and antiques, being the entire property of Charles O'Neil, Esq. : which will be sold by auction, by Messrs. E. Foster and Son, at the Gallery, 54, Pall Mall, on Friday, the 3d of July, 1835, and following day at twelve o'clock.
- Alternate Title(s):
- At head of title: Collection of pictures of the highest class, the property of Charles O'Neil, Esq
- [London] : [Messrs. E. Foster and Son], 
- Physical Description:
- 16 pages ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 9 no.33 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog Br-4465
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 14049
Date of sale: July 3-4, 1835.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is annotated in ink and graphite with prices and names of buyers' for some lots. Number 33 of 50 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.O'Neil, Charles, active 1823 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.Painting, European -- Catalogs.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.