Lion Typewriter Supplies Co. Ltd, Lion menucator , between 1930 and [1950?]
Lion menucator : no. 2 model.
- Great Britain, between 1930 and [1950?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 object : wood, metal, rubber ; box 27 x 31 x 12 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ49 .L55 Flat AYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- The YCBA copy bears serial number (stamped in blind): 28536
The box top bears the product name, printed in blue, gold, red, and black.
Portable duplicating device, apparently based on screen printing. The interior includes a hinged wooden framed silk screen and wooden backing plate which fasten together with a metal clasp. Present in the YCBA copy is a sheet of blotting paper and a page of text that appears to have been copied using the present device (the text, perhaps a sermon, discusses the concept of peace in Scriptures). One half of the box houses a rubber roller (18 cm wide) and a compartment for inking the roller -- accompanied by star-headed roulette wheel. The other half of the box houses additional supplies, including a "Lion Duplicator Pen" (14 cm) in original cardboard box, and two tubes of black ink (16 x 6 cm) manufactured by Ellams Duplicator Company Ltd. Watford. Each tube is in its original box, stamped: "Grade: S.R. Colour: black. Size: 3. For use on flat bed machines. All climates."
- Subject Terms:
- Copying machines.Copying processes.Screen process printing.
- Printing ink.
Rollers (printing tools)
Pens (drawing and writing implements)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.