Cannadine, David, 1950-, The country house , 2018
The country house : past, present, future / Mr David Cannadine and Jeremy Musson.
- New York : Rizzoli International, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- 432 pages : color illustrations ; 29 cm
- Reference LibraryNA7620 .C36 2018 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 418-425) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Country homes -- Decoration.Country homes -- Decoration.Country homes -- England.Country homes.Country life -- England -- History.Country life.England -- Social life and customs.England.Interior decoration -- England.Interior decoration.Manners and customs.Mansions -- England -- History.Mansions.
- The British country house revisited
- Design & construction
- An inheritance restored: a private owner's experience
- Sharing treasures: the National Trust for England, Wales and Northern Ireland
- Magnificence & power
- Wealth & Consumption
- Stories of the "Big House": new approaches in Irish country house studies
- Learning & religion
- An inviting alliance: the Yorkshire country house partnership
- Keeping the roof on: National Trust for Scotland's "Country Houses Scheme"
- Pleasure & recreation
- Household & function
- Legacies of British slave ownership: facing a difficult past
- When the walls come down: after the destruction of Marks Hall
- Destruction & survival
- Downton Abbey and the country house: exploring new fiction.