A catalogue of the genuine and elegant library of the late Sir Clement Cottrell Dormer, collected by Lieutenant General James Dormer, / which will be sold by auction (by order of the administrator) by Samuel Baker, at his house in York-Street, Covent -Garden : to begin on Monday, February the 20th, 1764, and to continue the nineteen following evenings, beginning each evening exactly at six o'clock.
- [London] : Catalogues to be had of the following Booksellers; Messrs. Dodsley, Pall Mall ; Bond-street : Mr. Robson's ; Charing Cross : Mr. Walter's ; Cornhill : Mr. Brotherton's ; Temple Bar : Mr. Owen's ; Oxford : Mr. Fletcher and Mr. Prince's ; Cambridge : Mr. Merrill and Mr. Matthews ; [London] : at the place of sale, 
- Physical Description:
- 2 unnumbered pages, 99 pages, 1 unnumbered page ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .B35 1756Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Conditions of sale signed by Samuel Baker.
Signatures: [A]1 B-N⁴ O².
"Price Six-pence" Price below imprint.
Listing of the 3082 lots.
English short title catalogue, T671
BAC: British Art Center copy annotated in ink with sale prices for all lots. Bound in contemporary calf. Bound with: Catalogue of the entire and valuable library of Martin Folkes, Esq. President of the Royal Society, and member of the Royal Academy of Sciences at Paris, lately deceased. London, 
- Subject Terms:
- Bibliotheca Lindesiana -- Bookplate.Book auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Booksellers' catalogs -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Brit tracts -- 1764.Brockett, John Trotter, 1788-1842 -- Bookplate.Dormer, Clement Cottrell, Sir -- Library -- Catalogs.Private libraries -- England.
- Auction catalogs.
Auction catalogs -- 1764 02 20-03 10.
Book auction catalogs.
Annotations (Provenance) -- 18th century.
Armorial Bookplates (Provenance)
YCBA Collections Search
Baker, Samuel, approximately 1711-1778, A catalogue of the genuine and elegant library of the late Sir Clement Cottrell Dormer, collected by Lieutenant General James Dormer, , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.