Teachers World Lecture Demonstrations, The Teachers World personal postal course in needlework, [ca. 1935?]
The Teachers World personal postal course in needlework.
- London : [Teachers World Lecture Demonstrations], [ca. 1935?]
- Physical Description:
- 9 volumes ; 34 x 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2018 40Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Cover title.
BAC: British Art Center copy incomplete: lacks lessons 2 and 7. Includes two copies of lesson 3. In original orange wrappers (front cover), staple-bound at top edge, and folded in half.
"This course in constructive needlework has been drawn up with a view to assisting all teachers of the subject. The course contains material suitable for primary, central and secondary school instruction. Modern developments, consequent upon the re-organisation of schools into Junior and Senior departments, will be dealt with in detail as opportunity arises."--Lesson 1, leaf .
- Subject Terms:
- Correspondence schools and courses.Education -- Great Britain.Garment cutting -- Study and teaching.Needlework -- Study and teaching.Sewing -- Study and teaching.
- Lesson 1. Needlework as an educational medium in all types of schools
- 3. Stitchery
- 4. Processes of construction
- 5. Design
- 6. Garment making in the senior school
- 8. Garment making continued
- 9. Garment making concluded.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.