Exceeding great and precious promises, [early 20th century]
- Exceeding great and precious promises.
- [Great Britain] : [publisher not identified], [early 20th century]
- Physical Description:
- 1 box ; 9 x 13 x 4 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsBS680 .E93 1900 FlatAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Collections of Bible verses such as these are commonly referred to as promise boxes. A Christian adherent would draw, read, and contemplate one verse each day.
Approximately 150 quotations from the Bible, each printed on small slips of paper rolled and inserted in a honeycomb pattern into a shallow box. The brown paperboard box is printed in red on the top (hinged) lid: "Exceeding great and precious promises"; "Thy words were found and I did eat them. Jer. 15,16."; and "Take one and replace."
- Subject Terms:
- Bible -- Prayers.Families -- Prayers and devotions.
- Promise boxes.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.