Moore, Joseph, -1825, Moore's lace manufactory halfpenny token, 1795
Moore's lace manufactory halfpenny token.
- Additional Title(s):
Lace manufactory 1795
Moore no. 116 Great Portland Street
- London?, 1795.
- Physical Description:
- 1 token : copper ; 28 mm in diameter
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFlat D 8eYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFlat D 8fYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Obverse: A girl, sitting under a tree, making lace. Lettering: LACE MANUFACTORY, 1795.
Reverse: Scroll. Lettering: MUSLINS IRISH CLOTH HOSE &c. MOORE NO. 116 GREAT PORTLAND STREET.
Conder, J. Arrangement of provincial coins, tokens, and medalets issued in Great Britain, Ireland, and the colonies, within the last twenty years, 187
Dalton, R. Provincial token-coinage of the 18th century, Middlesex 389a
Atkins, J. Tradesmen's tokens of the eighteenth century, 275
A Conder token, or privately minted coin, issued by Joseph Moore, laceman and haberdasher at 116 Great Portland Street, London.
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing trade -- Great Britain.Lace -- Great Britain.Lace industry -- Great Britain.Moore, Joseph, -1825.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.