IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Strong, Thomas, 1938-, Thomas Strong collection of British postage stamps, 1952-2016, 1952-2016
Thomas Strong collection of British postage stamps, 1952-2016.
- Physical Description:
- 3 albums (approximately 4,000 stamps)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsHE6185.G62 S87+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Thomas Strong, Yale MFA 1967View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Archives & Manuscripts
- The stamps are uniformly mounted on pre-printed Leuchtterm pages, each page (rectos only) bearing images of the stamps to be collected for a given year. For the years within scope, a high percentage of the stamps are present. Sheets are bound in green Lighthouse brand albums, with pages generally in chronological order; regional issues are filed at the end of each album. In addition to the three albums, there are 19 unbound Leuchtturm sheets for stamps from 2013 to 2016 (with partial insertion of stamps).
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- On postage stamps.Postage stamps -- Great Britain.Stamp collecting.Stamp collections.Stamp collectors.Strong, Thomas, 1938- -- Stamp collections.
- Postage stamps.
- v. 1. 1952-1992
- v. 2. 1993-2008
- v. 3. 2009-2016
- Additional sheets (unbound).
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.