Catalogue of a most interesting & magnificent collection of Egyptian antiquities ... : together with a splendidly illuminated manuscript, on vellum, consisting of eighty-six superb paintings : among the antiquities will be found fourteen unrolled and perfect papyri ... : ... statues in white and black stone found in the various Temples in Egypt, Nubia, &c. : five mummies, in the highest state of preservation : a magnificent wooden sarcophagus, the inside being most delicately painted, and covered with hieroglyphics : ... collection of forty sepulchral tablets in stone ... : beautiful vases in alabaster and black marble : idols in terra-cotta, & in wood : painted wooden tablets : miscellaneous antiquities, &c. : which will be sold by auction, by Mr. Sotheby and Son, at their house, Wellington Street, Strand, on Friday and Saturday, 15th and 16th of March, 1833, at twelve o'clock.
- [London] : [Mr. Sotheby and Son], 
[London] : Printed by J. Davy,
- Physical Description:
- 23,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 10 no. 10 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lithography by G. E. Madeley.
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 13237
Date of sale: March 15-16, 1833.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 10 of 20 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Davy, J. -- Printer.Decorative arts -- Catalogs.Egypt -- Antiquities -- Catalogs.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.
- Auction catalogs.
Lithographs -- 1833.
YCBA Collections Search
Sotheby and Son, Catalogue of a most interesting & magnificent collection of Egyptian antiquities ... , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.