IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Harford-Thompson, Tom, Artists' homes , 2018
Artists' homes : live/work spaces for modern makers / Tom Harford Thompson.
- New York, NY : Thames & Hudson, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- 288 pages : chiefly illustrations (some color) ; 26 cm
- Reference LibraryNK2115.3.A78 H374 2018 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Full Orbis Record:
- "With 350 illustrations" -- Cover.
"Painter, printmaker, illustrator, vintner, craft brewer, potter, lifestyle blogger, publican, tattooist, antiques dealer, book-maker, classic-car restorer, sculptor, photographer, timber-framer, music producer, vintage motorcycle dealer, musician, muralist, artist, art agent, journalist, paper engineer"--Back cover.
In Artists' Homes, writer and photographer Tom Harford Thompson presents some thirty individual, eccentric houses and workspaces, from a music producer's studio in Hackney to an eco-warrior's treehouse on the Sussex Downs. His evocative photographs show how our live/work spaces, whether a tumbledown cottage, a country farmhouse or a reclaimed factory, are beautiful because of the lives we live in them. With work no longer separate from home life, we see how these artists function in the homes that inspire them, pursuing the life creative. Among the artists and craftspeople featured are Billy Childish, co-founder of the Stuckist art movement; Penny Rimbaud and Gee Vaucher, creative partners who set up their home and studio as an `anarchist-pacifist open house' (Dial House, in Essex); music producer Liam Watson of the famed London studio Toe Rag; vintage motorcycle dealer Ian Hatton, of cult shop Verrall's; vintner Peter Hall of Breaky Bottom Vineyard, one of the first wineries in the UK; and many more.
- Subject Terms:
- ART / General.Artists -- Homes and haunts -- Great Britain.Artists -- Homes and haunts.Artists' studios -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Artists' studios -- Great Britain.Artists' studios.Great Britain.Interior decoration -- Great Britain.Interior decoration.Workshops -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Workshops -- Great Britain.Workshops.
- Pictorial works.