V & A Photography Centre (London, England), Photography and the 1851 Great Exhibition , 2018
Photography and the 1851 Great Exhibition / Anthony Hamber ; with a foreword by Tristram Hunt.
- New Castle, Delaware : Oak Knoll Press ; London : V&A Publishing, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- xx, 394 pages : illustrations (some color), portraits ; 32 cm + Includes chart.
- Reference LibraryTR646.G72 L66838 2018 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Catalog to accompany the opening of the V&A Photography Centre, October 2018.
Includes chart with 2 plates: "Exhibition of the Works of Industry of all Nations 1851, Plan Shewing the Disposition of the Goods in the Galleries. To accompany the report of the Royal Commissioners"--Inside back cover.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Exhibition (1851 : London, England) -- Exhibitions.Great Exhibition.Photography -- Exhibitions -- History -- 19th century -- Sources.Photography -- Exhibitions.Photography -- History -- Exhibitions.Photography.V & A Photography Centre (London, England) -- Photograph collections -- Exhibitions.
- Exhibition catalogs.
- State of photography in 1851
- Selecting photographs for the exhibition
- Exhibiting photographs and photographic equipment
- Photography, commercialism and contemporary illustration
- Reports by the juries
- Aftermath and legacy
- Photographs and photographic equipment exhibited
- Reports by the juries - list of Class X and Class XXX jurors
- List of prize winners representing photography and relevant aspects of printing processes
- Reports by the juries - catalogue of photographic illustrations
- Reports by the juries - census of presentation copies
- Photoscience: behind the negatives and their printing / Nicholas Burnett.