Lucas, Sarah, 1962-, Sarah Lucas , 2018
- Sarah Lucas : au naturel / edited by Massimiliano Gioni and Margot Norton.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Au naturel
- London ; New York : Phaidon ; New York : New Museum, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- 239 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 31 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.L9574 A12 2018 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Published on the occasion of the exhibition held at New Museum, New York, 26 September 2018-20 January 2019, and at Hammer Museum, Los Angeles, 9 June-1 September 2019.
Includes bibliographical references.
"The most thorough survey of the provocative British artist, sculptor, and photographer, Sarah Lucas, one of the most important living British artists. Sarah Lucas, having emerged in the UK in the late 1980s alongside artists including Tracey Emin and Damien Hirst, gained notoriety for her bawdy and irreverent sculptures. Often using found objects, Lucas provokes viewers with works that challenge our notions of gender, sexuality, and identity. Featuring eight essays and an interview with the artist, this volume reveals the breadth and complexity of Lucas's work in sculpture, photography, and installation over the past three decades." -- Phaidon.
- Subject Terms:
- Lucas, Sarah, 1962-Lucas, Sarah, 1962- -- Exhibitions.Lucas, Sarah, 1962- -- Interviews.Nude in art -- Exhibitions.Nude in art.
- Illustrated works.