The view of Flushing, during the siege : the large circle contains a view of Malta.
- Additional Title(s):
Caption at foot of sheet: H.A. Barker's Panorama, Leicester Square
- [London] : J. Adlard, printer, Duke-Street, Smithfield, 1810.
- Physical Description:
- 1 print : woodcut and letterpress ; sheet 26 x 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2021 3dYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Admittance to each painting one shilling. Open from ten till dusk."
A schematic key to a 360-degree panorama of Flushing (or Vlissingen, Netherlands) exhibited at the Leicester Square Panorama, London. The scene depicts shelling of the town by the English fleet in August, 1809, as part of the Napoleonic Wars.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain. Royal Navy -- History.Malta.Napoleonic Wars, 1800-1815.Panorama (Leicester Square, London, England)Panoramas -- Great Britain.Vlissingen (Netherlands) -- Buildings, structures, etc.Vlissingen (Netherlands) -- Pictorial works.
Woodcuts -- 1810.
YCBA Collections Search
Barker, Henry Aston, 1774-1856, The view of Flushing, during the siege , 1810
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.