The kiss in the railway train / words by Watkin Williams ; composed by C.H. Mackney ; sung ... by Emma Thornton, Kate Harley, Emma Kerridge, Ada Marion, Emma Mowbrey [and] Louise Fowler.
- Additional Title(s):
First line: Some say a trip by rail
- London : B. Williams, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 score (7 pages) : color illustrations ; 36 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsM1622.M3 K5 1864+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Music (printed)
- Song for voice and piano.
Chromolithographed cover illustration by Concanen, Lee & Siebe, lith.
A mid-Victorian Music Hall song that relies on a double-entendre to suggest something more salacious. The song describes an encounter in a railway carriage on a train to Brighton.
- Subject Terms:
- Kissing -- Songs and music.Popular music -- To 1901.Robbery -- Songs and music.Trains -- Songs and music.
- Chromolithographs -- 1864.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.