IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
With Father Tuck at the circus , [approximately 1900?]
With Father Tuck at the circus : panorama : verses by Clifton Bingham.
- London : Raphael Tuck & Sons, [approximately 1900?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet ( panels) : color illustrations ; 24 x 124 cm, folded to 24 x 32 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPZ7 .W58 1900+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Title from front cover.
One of the circus figures is a golliwog, a racist caricature resembling a type of rag doll.
"Designed at The Studios in England. Printed at the Fine Art Works, Germany."
BAC: British Art Center copy with inserts numbers 5 and 11 lacking.
"To make the panoramic pictures, insert the figures, which will be found in the pocket attached to this book, into the spaces which are marked with numbers corresponding to those upon the figures. A variety of scenes, however, can be formed, and unending pleasure provided, by placing the figures in innumerable positions, and sometimes in one picture background sometimes in another, so that constant change and interest is obtained."--Directions.
- Subject Terms:
- Circus -- Juvenile literature.Golliwogs.Panoramas -- Specimens.Toy and movable books -- Great Britain.
- Chromolithographs -- 1900.
Toy and movable books.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.