IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Lion Hotel (Shrewsbury, England), The Worshipful the Mayor's (Wm. Burr, Esq.) Dejeuner , 
The Worshipful the Mayor's (Wm. Burr, Esq.) Dejeuner : Wednesday, January 18th, 1860, the inauguration of the statue to Lord Clive, Founder of the British Empire in India.
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 invitation : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTX637.G7 L56 1860 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Menu printed on beige card within illustrated border. Four course meal included turtle soup, Baron of Beef, York Hams, Partridge Pies, Boar's Head, Bavarois de Vanille, Charlotte à la Bohemienne, mixed pastry, fruit, sherry, champagne, cherry cordial and coffee, among other offerings.
Lithography by Thomas Underwood.
- Subject Terms:
- Beverages -- Great Britain.Dinners and dining -- Great Britain.Food -- Great Britain.Lion Hotel (Shrewsbury, England), author.Restaurants -- Great Britain.
Chromolithographs -- 1860.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.