IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Brougham and Vaux, Henry Brougham, Baron, 1778-1868, Brougham , 
Brougham : the Poor Negroe's advocate.
- [Yorkshire] : [publisher not identified], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 campaign card : illustrations ; 12 x 8 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsHT857 .B76 1830 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Campaign card for the election of Lord Brougham produced for his campaign running for election in Yorkshire in 1830. The illustration on the card depicts an enslaved man, kneeling with a chain around his neck, while over him stands a man with a whip.
- Subject Terms:
- Abolitionists -- Great Britain.Campaign literature -- Great Britain.Emancipation -- Great Britain.Slavery -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Slaves -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Social reformers -- Great Britain.
- Engravings -- .
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.