Brougham and Vaux, Henry Brougham, Baron, 1778-1868, Brougham , 
Brougham : the Poor Negroe's advocate.
- [Yorkshire] : [publisher not identified], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 campaign card : illustrations ; 12 x 8 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsHT857 .B76 1830 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Campaign card for the election of Lord Brougham produced for his campaign running for election in Yorkshire in 1830. The illustration on the card depicts an enslaved man, kneeling with a chain around his neck, while over him stands a man with a whip.
- Subject Terms:
- Abolitionists -- Great Britain.Campaign literature -- Great Britain.Emancipation -- Great Britain.Slavery -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Slaves -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Social reformers -- Great Britain.
- Engravings -- .
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.