Christie & Manson, A catalogue of the first portion of the collection of engravings, of a nobleman of high rank, deceased , 
- A catalogue of the first portion of the collection of engravings, of a nobleman of high rank, deceased : (which by order ot the executors,) will be sold by auction, by Messrs. Christie and Manson, at their Great Room, 8, King Street, St. James's Square, on Monday, the 11th of May, 1840, and following days, at one o'clock, precisely.
- [London] : [Messrs. Christie and Manson]. 
- Physical Description:
- 46 pages ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+v.12 no. 17 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lugt identifies seller as the Duke of Bedford.
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 15811
Date of sale: May 11-15, 1840.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 17 of 28 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Bedford, John Russell, Duke of, 1766-1839 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Prints, British -- Catalogs.Prints, European -- Catalogs.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.