Christie & Manson, A catalogue of a small collection of capital pictures, removed from the country , 
- A catalogue of a small collection of capital pictures, removed from the country : comprising the works of the Italian, French, Flemish, and Dutch Masters, chiefly of cabinet size : and the whole of them in a very genuine state : which will be sold by auction by Messrs. Christie and Manson, at their Great Room, 8, King Street, St. James's Square, on Saturday, the 16th of May, 1840, at one o'clock precisely.
- [London] : [Messrs. Christie and Manson], 
- Physical Description:
- 11,  pages ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+v.12 no. 21 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog 15819
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, Br-5140
Date of sale: May 16, 1840.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 21 of 28 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Painting, European -- Catalogs.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.