Phillips, Mr., Catalogue of an important collection of pictures, from the distinguished collection of His Royal Highness the Duke of Lucca , 
- Catalogue of an important collection of pictures, from the distinguished collection of His Royal Highness the Duke of Lucca : in particular La Madonna Dei Candelabri, by Raphael : Noli Me Tangere, by Frederico Baroccio : the Transporting the Santa Casa de Loretto, by Domenichino : Christ on the Cross, Michel Angelo : Le Massacre des Innocens, Nicholas Poussin : The Madonna and Child, Annibal Caracci : The Repose in Egypt, Andrea del Sarto : The Virgin and Infant, Pietro Perugino : in addition to the above are other admirable works by Raphael D'Urbino, Sebastian Del Piombo, Guido : a Claude and Jan Steen, from the Beckford Collection : a capital picture by Backhuysen : and other fine examples of the Italian, Spanish, Dutch, and Flemish schools : which will be sold by auction, by Mr. Phillips at his Great Rooms, 73, New Bond Street, on Saturday, the 5th day of June, 1841, at two o'clock precisely.
- [London] : Mr. Phillips], 
- Physical Description:
- 24 pages ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 N6+v.12 no.25 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Date of sale: June 5, 1841.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is annotated in ink with sale prices and buyers' names for some lots. Number 25 of 28 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick. This copy of the catalogue, which belonged to Ld. Northwick, has only 19 pages and 46 lots, whereas the other copies have 24 pages and 54 lots. In his notes in the catalogue, Northwick notes the pictures that were not included, confirming that the larger catalogue superseded the smaller one.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art -- Private collections.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Art auctions.Carlo Ludovico, duca di Lucca, 1799-1883 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.Carlo Ludovico, duca di Lucca, 1799-1883.England -- London.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Painting, European -- Catalogs.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.