IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Brandt, Bill, London by moonlight, 1942 August
London by moonlight.
- London : Pocket Publications Ltd., 1942 August.
- Physical Description:
- pages 131-140 : illustrations ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsAP4 .L55 v. 11 (1942)Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Articles & Chapters
- "This series of pictures was taken entirely by moonlight--a remarkable feat of technique, with an astonishing artistic result. Exposures varied from three minutes to thirty, with around twenty as the average."--Page 131.
Accompanied by a short profile by Tom Hopkinson: "Bill Brandt, photographer" pp. 130, 141.
- Subject Terms:
- Blackouts in war.Brandt, Bill.London (England) -- Buildings, structures, etc.World War, 1939-1945 -- England -- London -- Pictorial works.
- St. Paul's
- St. John's Churchyard, N.W.3
- Hyde Park
- Holly Place, Hampstead
- Chester Terrace, Regent's Park
- Ruin in the East-End
- Street in a bombed area
- City water-front
- Lattice-work in Downshire Hill.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.