Brandt, Bill, London by moonlight, 1942 August
- London by moonlight.
- London : Pocket Publications Ltd., 1942 August.
- Physical Description:
- pages 131-140 : illustrations ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsAP4 .L55 v. 11 (1942)Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Articles & Chapters
- "This series of pictures was taken entirely by moonlight--a remarkable feat of technique, with an astonishing artistic result. Exposures varied from three minutes to thirty, with around twenty as the average."--Page 131.
Accompanied by a short profile by Tom Hopkinson: "Bill Brandt, photographer" pp. 130, 141.
- St. Paul's -- St. John's Churchyard, N.W.3 -- Hyde Park -- Holly Place, Hampstead -- Chester Terrace, Regent's Park -- Ruin in the East-End -- Street in a bombed area -- City water-front -- Bloomsbury -- Lattice-work in Downshire Hill.
- Subject Terms:
- Blackouts in war.Brandt, Bill.London (England) -- Buildings, structures, etc.World War, 1939-1945 -- England -- London -- Pictorial works.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.