Sotheby, Samuel, 1771-1842, Catalogue of a small but extremely valuable collection of early engravings, the property of an eminent collector , 
- Catalogue of a small but extremely valuable collection of early engravings, the property of an eminent collector : amongst which will be found, some remarkable rare specimens of the early German and Italian Masters : including Andrea Mantegna, Martin Schoen, M. Zagel, Duvet, &c. : particularly of Mar. Antonio, Raimondi, including a most beautiful impression of his celebrated Massacre of the Innocent : also The Angles, after Raphael, in the Farnese Gallery, &c. &c. : rare British portraits, embracing several of very rare occurrence, and mostly proofs, or in a very early state, : a few extremely rare specimens of works in niello, &c. &c. &c. : which will be sold by auction, by Mr. Sotheby, at his house, Wellington Street, Strand, on Saturday, the 8th day of March 1828, at twelve o'clock precisely.
- [London] : [Mr. Sotheby], 
- Physical Description:
- 8 pages ; 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 N6+v.13 no.7 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 11660a
Date of sale: March 8, 1828.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is annorated in ink with sale prices and buyers' names for some lots. Number 7 of 16 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Prints, British -- Catalogs.Prints, European -- Catalogs.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.