IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Album of fabric designs, ca. [1832?]
Album of fabric designs.
- Alsace?, France, ca. [1832?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 volume (88 leaves, approximately 500 designs) ; 44 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2023 13Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Full Orbis Record:
- The creator is unidentified. Three designs, on leaves 25 and 26, bear the initials K.F., which could refer to the firm of Koechlin & Frères, textile manufacturers based in Alsace.
Some of the designs are numbered. Otherwise, annotations (in French) are sparse.
Leaf 80 is headed "1832."
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- Europe -- 19th century.Clothing and dress -- France.Clothing trade -- France.Dyes and dyeing -- Chemistry -- 19th century.Dyes and dyeing -- Cotton -- 19th century.Textile design -- France -- Alsace.Textile fabrics -- France -- Design.Textile printing -- France -- 19th century.
- Pattern books.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.