Album of hand-painted designs for fabrics, ca. 1832?
- Album of hand-painted designs for fabrics.
- Alsace?, France, ca. 1832?
- Physical Description:
- 1 volume (88 leaves, approximately 500 designs) ; 44 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsIn ProcessYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- Europe -- 19th century.Clothing and dress -- France.Clothing trade -- France.Dyes and dyeing -- Chemistry -- 19th century.Dyes and dyeing -- Cotton -- 19th century.Textile design -- France -- Alsace.Textile fabrics -- France -- Design.Textile printing -- France -- 19th century.
- Pattern books.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.