Stewart, Wheatley & Adlard, A catalogue of a very select and valuable collection of prints, recently consigned from Holland , 
- A catalogue of a very select and valuable collection of prints, recently consigned from Holland : (the property of a Burgomaster of Amsterdam, lately deceased) : comprising the works of Rubens, and his schools : among which are many proofs and curious variations by Bolswert, Pontius, Vosterman, &c. : etchings by Rembrandt, Ostade, Du Sart, Bega, Everdingen, and other Masters, chiefly in the first state : fine proofs by Cornelius Visscher : the works of Wouverman, Teniers, &c. : and of the principal painters of the French school, including a beautiful set of the Battles of Alexander, by Gerard Audran : together with a nearly complete set of Houbraken proofs : portraits after Sir Joshua Reynolds : theatrical and other portraits : and engravings by Strange, Woollett, &c. &c. : which will be sold by auction by Messrs. Stewart, Wheatley, & Adlard, at their Great Room, 191, Piccadilly, on Thursday, April 17th, 1828, and three following days, (Sunday excepted,) at twelve o'clock.
- [London] : [Stewart, Wheatley, & Adlard], 
London : J. anc C. Adlard,
- Physical Description:
- 34,  pages ; 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 N6+v.13 no.10 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 11708
Date of sale: April 17-20, 1828.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 10 of 16 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick. Publisher's advertisement:  pages at end.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Prints, British -- Catalogs.Prints, European -- Catalogs.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.