Portrait of "My good mother."
- Burleigh, Great Britain, 1813.
- Physical Description:
- 1 drawing : watercolor ; sheet 5 cm in diameter, in frame 7 cm in diameter
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1329.3.W6 P6 1813 FlatAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Drawn on a circular sheet of paper, in a circular open-backed gilt frame. A small metal ring is affixed at top.
The verso is annotated in ink: "This likeness of my good mother, when her 83d year, was taken by my dear nephew Pyne, Burleigh, 1813."
The portrait depicts the head and bust of a woman, in profile. The woman wears a black dress with white collar, a simple white cap, and spectacles.
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- Great Britain.Hats -- Great Britain.Women -- Great Britain -- Portraits.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.