Sun gardens : cyanotypes by Anna Atkins / Larry J. Schaaf ; edited by Joshua Chuang ; with contributions by Joshua Chuang, Emily Walz, and Mike Ware.
- Additional Title(s):
Cyanotypes by Anna Atkins
- New York, NY : The New York Public Library, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- 215 pages : color illustrations, facsimiles ; 32 cm
- Reference LibraryTR77 .S33 2018 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Accompanies the exhibition Blue Prints: The Pioneering Photographs of Anna Atkins, held at The New York Public Library from October 19, 2018 to February 17, 2019.
Includes a facsimile of Photographs of British algae: cyanotype impressions. Part 1, by Anna Atkins, issued in 1843.
This book was shortlisted for the 2019 Photo-Aperture Foundation PhotoBook Awards, Photography Catalogue of the Year.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 202-211) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- 21.42 history of photographic art.Atkins, Anna, 1799-1871.Atkins, Anna, 1799-1871.Blueprinting.Blueprinting.England.Photograms.Photograms.Photography -- England -- History -- 19th century.Photography, Biological -- History.Photography, Biological.Photography.
- Exhibition catalogs.
- Preface / Joshua Chuang
- Notice to the reader
- Part I of British algae (from the Sir John Herschel copy)
- Reminiscences / Larry J. Schaaf
- Pleasurable offerings to botanical friends / Larry J. Schaaf
- Selected plates from various holdings
- British algae: bibliographic details / Larry J. Schaaf, Joshua Chuang, and Emily Walz
- The productions of Anna Atkins and Anne Dixon / Larry J. Schaaf, Joshua Chuang, and Emily Walz
- On the origins, care, and feeding of cyanotypes / Mike Ware
- Notes to the texts
- Image credits
- Index of historical names.