King, William, 1685-1763, Oratio in Theatro Sheldoniano habita idibus Aprilibus, MDCCXLIX. die dedicationis Bibliothecae Radclivianae .., 
- Oratio in Theatro Sheldoniano habita idibus Aprilibus, MDCCXLIX. die dedicationis Bibliothecae Radclivianae ...
- Alternate Title(s):
- Half title : Oratio habita in Theatro Sheldoniano idibus Aprilibus, MDCCXLIX
- Londini : Apud J. Clarke, & W. Owen ; 
Oxonii : apud J. Fletcher, & S. Parker, 
- Physical Description:
- , 34 p. ; 25 cm. (4to)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3539 K73 O7Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : Engraved title ornament; engraved initial and head- and tail-pieces designed by William Green, engraved by J. Wood.
BEIN 1977 +105: 32 x 26 cm.
BEIN 2001 +65: 27 cm. Stamp: B.N.C. F. Madan. Oxford.
BEIR Lmd53 750 +3: Imperfect: half title wanting. Bookplate: Hugh H. Riach [added in ms. 1739-73]. Stamp of Falconer Madan. No. 3 of 7 titles bound together with binder's title: Oxford pamphets, VII.
Signatures: [A]⁴(-[A]4) B-E⁴ F²(-F2).
Dedication signed: Guilielmus King.
"The oration in which he adroitly contrived to express his Jacobitism ... [and which] gave rise to violent attacks." -- D.N.B.
With a half title.
Errata on p. 34.
ESTC (RLIN) T135699
- Subject Terms:
- Brit tracts -- 1749.Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 18th century.Jacobites.Madan, Falconer, 1851-1935 -- Stamp.Radcliffe Library (University of Oxford)Radcliffe, John, 1650-1714.Riach, Hugh H. -- Bookplate.University of Oxford -- History -- 18th century.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.