A short historical account of London-bridge; with a proposition for a new stone-bridge at Westminster. As also an account of some remarkable stone-bridges abroad, and what the best authors have said and directed concerning the methods of building them. Illustrated with proper cuts. In a letter to the Right Honourable the members of Parliament for the city and liberty of Westminster. By Nicholas Hawksmoor, Esq; ...
- London: Printed for J. Wilcox, 1736.
- Physical Description:
- 47,  p. 5 fold. plates. 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA689 B8 H38Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : Engravings by B. Cole and W.H. Toms after designs by the author.
BAC : Woodcut initials, head- and tail-pieces.
- Subject Terms:
- Bridges -- England -- London -- London Bridge.Bridges, Stone.Westminster Bridge (London, England)
YCBA Collections Search
Hawksmoor, Nicholas, 1661-1736, A short historical account of London-bridge;, 1736
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.