Christie & Manson, Catalogue of the choice collection of thirteen capital pictures, the property of Harry Hankey Dobree, Esq., deceased , 
- Catalogue of the choice collection of thirteen capital pictures, the property of Harry Hankey Dobree, Esq., deceased : comprising "The letter of introduction," the celebrated work of Sir David Wilkie ; three admirable works of J.M.W. Turner, R.A. ; and nine capital pictures, by Morland : which (by the orders of the executors) will be sold by auction, by Messrs. Christie & Manson, at their Great Room, 8, King Street, St. James's Square, on Friday, June the 17th, 1842, at two o'clock precisely.
- [London] : [Messrs. Christie & Manson], 
- Physical Description:
- 4 pages ; 19 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 12a no.7 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog Br-5411
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 16646
Date of sale: June 17, 1842.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 7 of 37 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Dobree, Harry Hankey, approximately -1841? -- Art collections -- Catalogs.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Painting -- Catalogs.Painting, British -- Catalogs.Painting.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.