L. & C. Hardtmuth, L. & C. Hardtmuth's "Koh-i-noor" pencils, [ca. 1905?]
L. & C. Hardtmuth's "Koh-i-noor" pencils.
- Printed in England : [L. & C. Hardtmuth Ltd.], [ca. 1905?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ( pages) : illustrations ; 27 x 21 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTS1268 .H37 1905 BoxYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "To be obtained from all stationers, artists' colourmen, etc. everywhere. Illustrated price list post free from L. & C. Hardtmuth, Ltd., Koh-i-noor House, Kingsway, London, W.C."--Foot of verso.
Title from caption on the recto of the advertisement.
Date inferred from the reference to "Koh-i-noor House, Kingsway, London," which first appears in other dated publications circa 1905. In a 1910 advertisement, Koh-i-noor House is still described as a "new landmark."
Advertisement for a variety of Koh-i-noor pencils manufactured by L. & C. Hardtmuth (Vienna). The recto is a full page chromolithograph depicting 11 different products, including artists pencils, pocket pencils, copying ink pencils, point protector pencils, and refills. The verso provides additional written description of Koh-i-noor pencils, with product numbers and prices. The verso is printed in blue-violet ink, with five wood-engraved illustrations.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' materials.L. & C. Hardtmuth.Pencils.Writing materials and instruments.
Chromolithographs -- 1905.
Wood engravings -- 1905.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.