Howard, Henry, 1757-1842, Indication of memorials, monuments, paintings, and engravings of persons of the Howard family , [1834-1841]
- Indication of memorials, monuments, paintings, and engravings of persons of the Howard family : and of their wives and children, and of those who have married ladies of the name, and of the representatives of some of its branches now extinct, as far as they have been ascertained by Henry Howard.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Memorials of the Howard family
- [England] : [publisher not identified], [1834-1841]
- Physical Description:
- 97,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations, portraits, coats of arms, genealogical tables ; 50 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2019 1Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Brooke Allen and Peter AaronAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- With lithographs by William Henry Kearney, printed by Charles Hullmandel.
Imprint date from NUC. Dated on title page: Corby Castle, December 10th, 1834.
Most copies have cover title: Memorials of the Howard family.
NUC pre-1956 v. 256, p. 598
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary gilt- and blind-tooled calf. Armorial bookplate: Effingham. The copy is extra illustrated and includes profuse manuscript annotations. Includes 35 examples of tracings of monuments, figures, seals, etc.; 17 signatures of early members of the family and many more of later members; numerous manuscript additions and corrections throughout the volume (in the hand of Lady Effingham?). The manuscript notes include descriptions of the banner borne at the funeral of Agnes Tylney in Lambeth Church; an extract from a letter from the 3rd Duke of Norfolk to Thomas Cromwell, in 1537; a certificate of wages due to Captain Waldon of the Band of Great Pensioners, 1614; a list of conspirators in the Rye House Plot; and numerous notes about pedigrees.
- Subject Terms:
- Effingham -- Bookplate.England -- Genealogy.Howard family.
- Lithographs -- 1834-1841.
Extra-illustrated copies (Provenance).
Annotations (Provenance) -- 19th century
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.