Punk rock : complete guide to British & American New Wave : including Sex Pistols, Damned, Clash, Stranglers, Ramones, Jonathan Richman, Television.
- London : Phoebus Publishing Co., 
- Physical Description:
- 64 pages : illustrations ; 30 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsML3534 .T63 1977+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Edited & introductory chapter by Jeremy Pascall."--Page .
Many of the photographs, including the front and back covers, are by Jill Furmanovsky.
Title from front cover.
"Written by John Tobler ... This is the complete rundown on punk. In 64 pages all the important punk or New Wave artists -- 35 in all -- are featured in detailed biographies. British bands range from the Adverts to the Stranglers (including, of course, the Clash, the Damned, the Jam and the Six Pistols); American New Wavers take in Blondie to Television by way of the Heartbreakers, Mink DeVille, Tom Petty, the Ramones and Jonathan Richman. In addition, the great New Wave influences -- the New York Dolls, Iggy Pop, Lou Reed and Patty Smith -- have their own features. And, to top it all, there's the full story of punk from the Sex Pistols' first eruption onto the scene to their latest chart-breaking singles ..."--Page .
- Subject Terms:
- Clash (Musical group)Modern Lovers (Musical group)New wave music -- History and criticism.Phoebus Publishing Co. -- Publisher.Portrait photography.Punk rock culture -- Great Britain.Punk rock music -- History and criticism.Punk rock musicians -- Great Britain.Ramones (Musical group)Rock groups -- Biography.Rock music -- 1971-1980 -- History and criticism.Sex Pistols (Musical group)Stranglers (Musical group)Television (Musical group)
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.