Tobler, John, Punk rock , 
- Punk rock : complete guide to British & American New Wave : including Sex Pistols, Damned, Clash, Stranglers, Ramones, Jonathan Richman, Television.
- London : Phoebus Publishing Co., 
- Physical Description:
- 64 pages : illustrations ; 30 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsML3534 .T63 1977+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Written by John Tobler ... This is the complete rundown on punk. In 64 pages all the important punk or New Wave artists -- 35 in all -- are featured in detailed biographies. British bands range from the Adverts to the Stranglers (including, of course, the Clash, the Damned, the Jam and the Six Pistols); American New Wavers take in Blondie to Television by way of the Heartbreakers, Mink DeVille, Tom Petty, the Ramones and Jonathan Richman. In addition, the great New Wave influences -- the New York Dolls, Iggy Pop, Lou Reed and Patty Smith -- have their own features. And, to top it all, there's the full story of punk from the Sex Pistols' first eruption onto the scene to their latest chart-breaking singles ..."--Page .
"Edited & introductory chapter by Jeremy Pascall."--Page .
Many of the photographs, including the front and back covers, are by Jill Furmanovsky.
Title from front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Clash (Musical group)Modern Lovers (Musical group)New wave music -- History and criticism.Phoebus Publishing Co. -- Publisher.Portrait photography.Punk rock culture -- Great Britain.Punk rock music -- History and criticism.Punk rock musicians -- Great Britain.Ramones (Musical group)Rock groups -- Biography.Rock music -- 1971-1980 -- History and criticism.Sex Pistols (Musical group)Stranglers (Musical group)Television (Musical group)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.