Christie & Manson, Catalogue of the valuable collection of works of old masters , 
- Catalogue of the valuable collection of works of old masters : formed during a long series of years on the Continent and in the Country and selected under favourable circumstances from different celebrated Galleries, chiefly during a Residence of several years in Italy, by Sir George Hayter, Principal Painter in ordinary to Her Majesty &c. &c. who is quitting his Residence in London for the Continent : it will be sure to include the ... subject of Dorreggio, "L'Homme Sensuel ... : ...two specimens by Rembrandt, one of the the Portrait of Schrevelerus ... : ... also ... specimens of the following Great Masters : Raffaelle, Perugino, Parmegiano, Schedone, Baroccio, Van Dyck, Velasquez, L. Carracci, Ann Carracci, Ag. Carracci, Guido, Jordaens, G. Poussin, Guercino, Titian, Tintoretto, P. Veronses, Salvator Rosa : and a portrait of Ralph Sheldon, Esq., M.P. for Wilton, by Sir Joshua Reynolds : which will be sold by auctions, by Messrs. Christie and Manson, at their Great Room, 8, King Street, St. James's Square on May the 3rd, 1845, at one o'clock precisely.
- [London] : [Messrs. Christie and Manson], 
- Physical Description:
- 13,  pages ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 12a no.23 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- Internet Archive
- Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 17766
Date of sale: May 3, 1845.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is annotated in ink with sale prices for all volumes. Number 23 of 37 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Hayter, George, Sir, 1792-1871 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Painting, British -- Catalogs.Painting, European -- Catalogs.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.