Christie & Manson, Catalogue of the more important part of the collection of Italian and English pictures, the property of Thomas Wright, Esq., of Upton Hall, Neward , 
- Catalogue of the more important part of the collection of Italian and English pictures, the property of Thomas Wright, Esq., of Upton Hall, Neward : author of the "Life of R. Wilson,": and an amateur painter of elegant taste : which will be sold by auctions, by Messrs. Christie and Manson, at their Great Room, 8, King Street, St. James's Square, on Saturday, June the 7th, 1845, at one o'clock precisely.
- [London] : [Messrs. Christie & Manson], 
- Physical Description:
- 10 pages ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 12a no.25 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- Internet Archive
- Artists included in the sale are Sir Joshua Reynolds, Thompson, Turner, Callcott, R. Wilson, Hilton, Thomas Gainsborough, Hogarth, Sir A. More, and Ettty among others.
Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog Br-5731
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 17822
Date of sale: June 7, 1845.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is annotated in ink with sale prices and buyers' names for all lots. Number 25 of 37 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Painting, British -- Catalogs.Painting, European -- Catalogs.Wright, Thomas, 1773-1845 -- Art collection -- Catalogs.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.