Christie & Manson, Catalogue of Flemish, Dutch, French, and English pictures, of the highest class, the property of Edward W. Lake, Esq. , 
- Catalogue of Flemish, Dutch, French, and English pictures, of the highest class, the property of Edward W. Lake, Esq. : who had decided on retaining only his examples of Italian art : which will be sold by auction, by Messrs. Christie and Manson, at their Great Room, 8, King Street, St. James's Square, on Friday, July the 11th, 1845, and following day, at one o'clock precisely.
- [London] : [Messrs. Christie & Manson], 
- Physical Description:
- 41,  pages ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 12a no.27 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Artists included in the sale are Richard Wilson, McClise, Stanfield, Sir Joshua Reynolds, Benjamin West, Thomas Gainsborough, Danby, and George Morland, among others.
Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 17853
Date of sale: July 11-12, 1845.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 27 of 37 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Lake, Edward W. -- Art collection -- Catalogs.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Painting, British -- Catalogs.Painting, European -- Catalogs.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.