Christie & Manson, Catalogue of forty capital pictures, the works of distinguished English artists , 
- Catalogue of forty capital pictures, the works of distinguished English artists : the property of a Gentleman, in the west of England, who has bestowed much care and taste in selecting the best works of some of the most distinguished English painters : particularly the Border Raid and Summer Noon, the masterpieces of Sydney Cooper : Wreckers Off Margate ... An American Packet Running for Swansea and Lobster Pots ... works of the late G. Chambers ... : Windsor Castle, by Pyne : and ... examples of Sir J. Reynolds, Nasmyth, Barker, Powell, Vincent, C. Landseer, Hoffland, Creswick, Butland, Norman, J. S. Davis, J. Wilson, Woolmer, Condy, P. H. Rogers : also, two capital pictures by Constable, Salisbury Cathedral and Dedham : three by Sir Augustus Callcott : and two portraits by Sir J. Reynolds : which will be sold by auction, by Messrs. Christie and Manson, at their Great Room, 8, King Street, St. James's Square, on Saturday, May the 16th, 1846, at one o'clock precisely.
- [London] : [Messrs. Christie & Manson], 
- Physical Description:
- 8 pages ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 12a no.29 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 18203
Date of sale: May 16, 1846.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 29 of 37 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Painting, British -- Catalogs.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.