Phillips, Mr., A catalogue of the important and highly interesting collection of antique gems , 
- A catalogue of the important and highly interesting collection of antique gems : the property of the late Allan Gilmore, Esq. of Portland Place : consisting of upwards of three hundred valuable cameos and intaglios ... by Pickler, Marchant, Birch, and Pistrucci, besides those of ancient Greek Workmanship : principally mounted in gold as rings and brooches, and many set round with diamonds : several valuable gold snuff boxes ... : a ruby drop ... with a pink diamond loop : a curious antient silver cup and cover, set with every class of gems : gold watches, and several rings and brooches : a splendid dressing case, taken from Napoleon's carriage at the Battle of Vittoria, fitted with silver in the most complete manner : and the beautiful rifle, and pair of duelling pistols, enriched with gold and silver chasings : a few fine bronzes, gold and silver coins : minerals, fossils and shells, in a Cabinet : library of rare & valuable books & prints ... : including an original folio copy of the Liber Veritatis, Museé Napoleon, in 4 vols. : Galerie de Palais Royal, 3 tom. : Histoire des Perroquets, 2 vols. : Lavater, 5 vols. : several Missals, and works on art : a small service of plate and plated ware, and miscellaneous valuable objects : which will be sold by auction, by Mr. Phillips at his Great Rooms, 73, New Bond Street, on Wednesday, the 18th of May, 1842, and four following days, at one o'clock precisely each day, by order of the executors, without reserve.
- [London] : [Mr. Phillips], 
- Physical Description:
- 17,  pages ; 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 12b no.3 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Date of sale: May 18-22, 1842.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is annotated in ink with sale prices and buyers' names for some lots. Number 3 of 42 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with binder's ticket of T. Armstrong (the Strand); with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Art objects.Bronzes -- Catalogs,Coins -- Catalogs.Decorative arts -- Catalogs.Firearms -- Catalogs.Gilmore, Allan, approximately 1765-1841 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.Jewelry -- Catalogs.Natural history -- Catalogs.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Private libraries -- Catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.