Gardiner, John, 1813 or 1814-1883, Gardiner's exhibition almanack for 1851, [1850?]
- Gardiner's exhibition almanack for 1851.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Exhibition almanack for 1851
- Wisbeach : John Gardiner, publisher, [1850?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ( page) : illustrations ; 51 x 38 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2018 7fAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Under the title at top, the broadside includes a large wood-engraved illustration of the Crystal Palace in Hyde Park, for the Great Exhibition of 1851. Also provided is a brief description of the building. In two rows across the middle of the broadside is a conventional almanac, listing notable historical events for every day of the year and religious holidays, along with cycles of the moon. At bottom, the broadside provides additional information on receipt stamps, bills and notes, eclipses of the sun and moon, rates of postage, bankers in London, and principal places of amusement in London.
- Subject Terms:
- Bankers -- England -- London.Crystal Palace (Great Exhibition, 1851, London, England)Exhibitions -- England -- London.Great Exhibition (1851 : London, England)London (England) -- Description and travel.
Wood engravings -- 1850.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.