Christie & Manson, Catalogue of the very choice and important collection of Italian pictures, together with four capital English works , 
- Catalogue of the very choice and important collection of Italian pictures, together with four capital English works : the property of William Coningham, Esq. : also, a few bronzes and a carving by B. Cellini : which will be sold by auction by Messrs. Christie and Manson, at their Great Room, 8, King Street, St. James's Square, on Saturday, June 9, 1849, at one o'clock precisely.
- [London] : [Messrs. Christie and Manson], 
London : Printed by W. Clowes and Sons,
- Physical Description:
- 15,  pages ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 12b no.20 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 19404
Date of sale: June 9, 1849.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is annotated in ink with sale prices and buyers' names for all lots. Number 20 of 42 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf, with binder's ticket of T. Armstrong (the Strand); with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Bronzes -- Catalogs.Coningham, William, 1815-1884 -- Art collection -- Catalogs.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Painting, British -- Catalogs.Painting, European -- Catalogs.Sculpture, European -- Catalogs.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.