Excursions of pleasure and sports on the Thames, illustrated in a series of engravings in aqua-tinta, coloured after nature, accompanied by a descriptive and historical account of every town, village, mansion, and the adjacent country on the banks of that river; the places and periods for enjoying the sports of angling, shooting, sailing, &c. Also a particular account of all places of amusement in its vicinity, and the list of inns and taverns for the accommodation of company. By J. Hassell ...
- London, Printed for W. Simpkin and R. Marshall, 1823.
- Physical Description:
- 2 p.., 191, iii p. 24 col. pl. (incl. front.) 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 T2 H3View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : In solander case, by Zaehnsdorf.
BAC : Abbey, Scenery, 221 (Abbey copy).
BAC : Printed by Plummer and Brewis.
In twelve original parts; nos. 1-5, 8-9, 11-12 in original wrappers, which are dated 1822.
- Subject Terms:
- Fishing -- England.Great Britain -- Description and travel.Thames River (England)
YCBA Collections Search
Hassell, J. (John), d. 1825, Excursions of pleasure and sports on the Thames,, 1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.