Christie & Manson, Catalogue of the very valuable collection of pictures of a high class , 
- Catalogue of the very valuable collection of pictures of a high class : formed by that well-known amateur, Frederick Ricketts, Esq. : which will be sold by auction, by Messrs. Christie and Manson, at their Great Room, 8, King Street, St. James's Square, on Saturday, May 18, 1850.
- [London] : [Messrs Chrstie and Manson]. 
London : Printed by W. Clowes and Sons,
- Physical Description:
- 13,  pages ; 23cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 12b no.28 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N4 v. 1 no. 20Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Artists included in the sale are Greuze, Gainsborough, Morland, Wilson, Van Dyck, Ruben, S. Rosa, Iriarte, Sir Joshua Reynolds, Domenichino, G. Poussin, Van der Neer, Claude, Murillo, Rembrandt, Turner, Titian, Teniers, Jan Steen, C. Dolci, among others.
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 19865
Date of sale: May 18, 1850
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy N8640.N6+ v. 12b no.28 is annotated in ink with sale prices and buyers' names for some lots. Number 28 of 42 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf, with binder's ticket of T. Armstrong (the Strand); with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick.
BAC: British Art Center copy N8640.N4 v. 1 no. 20 is not annotated. Number 20 of 34 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary quarter roan; with the armorial bookplates of the Earl of Normanton and Rupert Gunnis; with a manuscript index on the volume's catalogs on the front endpapers.
- Subject Terms:
- Agar, James Charles Herbert Welbore Ellis, Earl of Normanton, 1818-1896 -- Bookplate.Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Decorative arts -- Catalogs.Dolci, Carlo, 1616-1686, artist.Domenichino, 1581-1641, artist.Dughet, Gaspard, 1615-1675, artist.Gainsborough, Thomas, 1727-1788, artist.Greuze, Jean-Baptiste, 1725-1805, artist.Gunnis, Rupert -- Bookplate.Iriarte, Ignatio, 1621-1670, artist.Lorrain, Claude, 1600-1682, artist.Morland, George, 1763-1804, artist.Murillo, Bartolomé Esteban, 1617-1682, artist.Neer, Aert van der, 1603 or 1604-1677, artist.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Painting, British -- Catalogs.Painting, European -- Catalogs.Rembrandt Harmenszoon van Rijn, 1606-1669, artist.Reynolds, Joshua, Sir, 1723-1792, artist.Ricketts, Frederick -- Art collection -- Catalogs.Rosa, Salvatore, 1615-1673, artist.Rubens, Peter Paul, 1577-1640, artist.Steen, Jan, 1626-1679, artist.Teniers, David, 1610-1690, artist.Titian, approximately 1488-1576, artist.Van Dyck, Anthony, 1599-1641, artist.Wilson, Richard, 1713-1782, artist.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.