A hand-book of Mr. Albert Smith's ascent of Mont Blanc : illustrated by Mr. William Beverley : with nineteen outline engravings of the views : first represented at the Egyptian Hall, Piccadilly, Monday Evening, March 15, 1852.
- Fourth edition
- [London] : To be had in the room, and at Chappell's Music Library, 50 New Bond Street, [1853?]
[London] : Savill & Edwards, printers, 4, Chandos Street, Covent Garden
- Physical Description:
- 24,  pages, : illustrations ; 12 x 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDC611.M68 S65 1853Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Wood-engraved illustrations by W.G.M. (Walter George Mason?).
Advertisements, pages -.
Printers' names from front wrapper.
BAC: British Art Center copy in publisher's original printed wrappers.
Original program published to accompany Smith's lectures on the ascent, given at the Egyptian Hall in Piccadilly.
- Subject Terms:
- Alps, French (France) -- Description and travel.Amusements -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Blanc, Mont (France and Italy) -- Description and travel.Chamounix-Mont-Blanc (France) -- Description and travel.Mountaineering -- France -- Alps, French.Smith, Albert, 1816-1860.Travel -- 19th century -- France.
Wood engravings -- 1853.
YCBA Collections Search
Smith, Albert, 1816-1860, A hand-book of Mr. Albert Smith's ascent of Mont Blanc , [1853?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.