Smith, Albert, 1816-1860, A hand-book of Mr. Albert Smith's ascent of Mont Blanc , [1854?]
- A hand-book of Mr. Albert Smith's ascent of Mont Blanc : illustrated by Mr. William Beverley : with twenty-five outline engravings of the views : first represented at the Egyptian Hall, Piccadilly, Monday Evening, March 15, 1852.
- [London] : To be had in the room, and at Chappell's Music Library, 50 New Bond Street, [1854?]
- Physical Description:
-  pages : illustrations ; 12 x 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDC611.M68 S65 1854Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Original program published to accompany Smith's lectures on the ascent, given at the Egyptian Hall in Piccadilly.
Earlier (?) editions of this program included wood engravings signed W.G.M. (i.e. Walter George Mason?). The wood engravings in the present edition are unsigned.
Advertisement for The leader (newspaper), page .
BAC: British Art Center copy in contemporary maroon cloth, stamped in gold.
- Subject Terms:
- Alps, French (France) -- Description and travel.Amusements -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Blanc, Mont (France and Italy) -- Description and travel.Chamounix-Mont-Blanc (France) -- Description and travel.Mountaineering -- France -- Alps, French.Smith, Albert, 1816-1860.Travel -- 19th century -- France.
Wood engravings -- 1854.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.