Christie & Manson, Catalogue of the valuable collection of pictures by Italian, Flemish, French, Dutch, and English masters , 
- Catalogue of the valuable collection of pictures by Italian, Flemish, French, Dutch, and English masters : the property of that well-known collector, Dawson Turner, Esq., F.R.S. and removed from Great Yarmouth : which will be sold by auction, by Messrs. Christie & Manson, at their Great Room, 8, King Street, St. James's Square, on Thursday, May 13, 1852.
- [London] : [Messrs. Christie and Manson], 
- Physical Description:
- 18 pages ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 12b no.36 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Artists included in the sale are Holbein, John Cottman, D. Wilkie, Carracci, G. Poussin, Teniers, Wilson, Van Dyck, Titian and A. Cuyp, among others.
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 20827a
Date of sale: May 13, 1852
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is annotated in ink with sale prices for all lots. Number 36 of 42 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf, with binder's ticket of T. Armstrong (the Strand); with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art -- Private collections.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Painting -- Private collections.Painting, British -- Catalogs.Painting, European -- Catalogs.Turner, Dawson, 1775-1858 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.Turner, Dawson, 1775-1858.
- Auction catalogs.
Sales catalogues -- England -- London -- 1852.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.