La Grande esposizione di Londra.
- Torino : Tipografia Subalpina, di G. Pelazza, 1851.
- Physical Description:
- 25 volumes (399,  pages) : illustrations ; 37 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsT690.B1 G73Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Description based on: no. 1 (24 maggio 1851); title from caption.
Latest issue consulted: no. 25 (2 dicembre 1851).
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary quarter calf and green marbled boards.
Periodical, first published three weeks after the Great Exhibition opened in London. The text is an amalgam of translations from English, French and Belgian publications together with a smattering of additional matter catering to an Italian readership. The Kingdom of Sardinia (which included Piedmont) managed to send just under 100 items to the exhibition. The publishers evidently imported some of the wood-engraved blocks from British publications. Some appear to come from the Art Journal and the Illustrated London News. Some of the illustrations are by Dalziel.
- Subject Terms:
- Arts -- Periodicals.Civilization, Western -- Periodicals.Crystal Palace (London, England)Great Exhibition (1851 : London, England)Inventions -- Periodicals.Natural history -- Periodicals.Pelazza, G. -- Publisher.Tipografia Subalpina -- Publisher.
- Wood engravings -- 1851.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.