Dawe, George, 1781-1829, The life of George Morland , 1807
- The life of George Morland : with remarks on his works / By G. Dawe.
- London : Printed for Vernor, Hood, and Sharpe, Poultry; and J. Walker, Paternoster Row; at the Union Printing-Office, St. John's Square, by W. Wilson, 1807.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 238,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill., port. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND497.M8 D4 1807 Copy 1Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsND497.M8 D4 1807 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Jules D. Prown, MAH 1971Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Frontispiece engraved by Charles Picart, after a drawing by R.W. Satchwell, based on a painting by J.R. Smith.
With an added engraved title page.
"Collections of Morland's pictures": p. -238.
Publisher's advertisement on verso of last leaf.
BAC : British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 bound in dark blue half morocco with blue paper covered boards. Copy 2 bound in gilt-stamped green calf. Bookplate: Jules David Prown. Autograph: John Askew Doctors Commons.
- Subject Terms:
- Askew, John -- Autograph. (BACRB Copy 2)Engraving -- Specimens -- 1807.Morland, George, 1763-1804.Prown, Jules David -- Provenance. (BACRB Copy 2)Stipple engraving -- Specimens -- 1807.Vernor, Hood, and Sharpe -- Publisher.Walker, J. -- Publisher.Wilson, W. -- Printer.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.